Ophthalmology referral cases are seen by Ida Gilbert, BVSc CertOphthal MRCVS and Vim Kumaratunga BVSc CertVOphthal MRCVS RCVS Advanced Practitioner in Veterinary Ophthalmology. The team is well supported by an experienced multi disciplinary team that is able to provide invaluable patient support. Ida and Vim are happy to discuss or give advice on all matters relating to small animal veterinary ophthalmology.
Read the type of small animal ophthalmology referral cases seen from the drop-down menu to the left of the page.
Equipment available to our Ophthalmology team includes
- Alexos Oertli Phacoemulsification cataract and vitrectomy machine
- Operating Microscope
- Microsurgical arm-supported chair
- Slitlamp biomicroscope
- Tonometry - both applanation (TonoPen) and rebound (TonoVet)
- Gonioscopy lenses
- RETIport Electroretinography unit (ERG)
- Indirect ophthalmoscopy
- Specialised surgical and microsurgical equipment
- Doppler and Oscillometric Blood pressure machines
- Cryosurgical equipment
- Magnifying loupes
- Ultrasonography and digital Radiography