Small Animal Laparoscopic Surgery 2 Day Practical Course
SN3 3FR (SN3 3RB for Sat Nav)
withTim Charlesworth MA VetMB DSAS(ST) MRCVS RCVS Recognised Specialist in Small Animal Surgery (Soft Tissue)
Head of Soft Tissue Referral Service
This is a two day practical course aimed at vets who are interested in laparoscopic (“Keyhole”) surgery in companion animals. The course will consist of lectures and wet-lab practical sessions.
Specific areas to be covered include:
- Equipment – selection, cleaning and maintenance
- Anaesthesia for routine and emergency laparoscopyDiathermy and Vessel Sealers – available options
- Establishing pneumoperitoneum – controversies about how to get started.
- Biopsy techniques – liver, pancreas, kidney
- Neutering – ovariectomy, ovariohysterectomy
By the end of the course it is expected that delegates will be confident in the basics of laparoscopic surgery and to perform the above surgical techniques. Numbers are strictly limited to ensure everybody received the attention and time needed to fully develop their skills during the course.
exclusive of VAT
Travel & Hotels
If you are not local to the area or are travelling from outside the UK, you can book a nearby hotel easily using the link below. We are easily accessible from the London airports and other smaller regional airports such as Bristol and Southampton. We would be happy to help you with any travel enquires that you may have.