Internal Veterinary Medicine Referrals
With in-house imaging (including CT), state-of-the-art modern orHD Stz videoendoscopy, and dedicated referral nurses we are able to see patients with a wide variety of medical problems.
Upper and lower GI endoscopy
- Oesophageal foreign body removal
- Gastric foreign body removal
- Examination and biopsy of the stomach, duodenum, ileum and colon
- PEG-tube placement
- Investigation of nasal discharge and epistaxis
- Removal of nasal foreign bodies
- Biopsy of nasal pathology
- Treatment of aspergillosis
- Investigation of chronic pulmonary disease
- Removal of foreign material
Cystoscopy (currently female dogs only)
- Investigation of incontinence e.g. ectopic ureters
- Biopsy of urethral/bladder pathology
Client communication and the well being of owners, their pets and also their vets is our priority. We approach every case with fresh eyes but we always take the wishes and financial, emotional and logistical restrictions on each pet owner into account as we discuss the plans for their animals. Ideally we try to complete our investigations on the day of the consultation; however, in some cases it is more appropriate to take a staged approach to diagnosis. We will always keep our referring vets updated with the progress of these cases and aim to provide you with timely reports.
Paul is very keen to build strong relationships between the internal medicine referral service and our referring veterinary practices and are always happy to provide advice on cases, even if referral is not an option. We are also happy to discuss any case and review the results of diagnostic tests with referring vets prior to referral. Please do not hesitate to call or email us to find out if we can help you with your tricky cases, there is no such thing as a silly question.
Fabio Frazzica joins the Small Animal Orthopaedic Referral team.