Emergency and Critical Care
Our Emergency and Critical Care service provides outstanding care to patients when they need it most.
A dedicated team of skilled ECC clinicians is available to support and advise on all acute, emergency and critical cases. All calls will be passed directly to our ECC service so you will be able to speak directly to a specially trained ECC clinician. They will be happy to give advice and help arrange prompt referral if needed.
Patients will then be cared for in our purpose-built intensive care unit (ICU). The ICU ensures critically ill, injured, and post-surgical patients receive the highest standards of care – 24hrs a day, 7 days a week.
The ECC team work with other specialists from across the hospital to provide the best possible multidisciplinary care. This means we can respond immediately to any emergency incidents and deal with even the most complex and difficult cases.
Advanced clinical services and facilities include:
- Management of all types of emergencies – medical, cardiac or surgical
- State-of-the-art facilities within a dedicated purpose-built intensive care unit, with 24-hour veterinary and nursing care
- Crash kit with defibrillator
- Mechanical ventilation support for patients with respiratory compromise
- Specialist teams in soft tissue surgery, orthopaedics, medicine, anaesthesia, neurology and cardiology
- One-to-one nursing for the most critically ill patients
- Advanced intensive care monitoring
- Transfusion medicine with a full range of blood and blood products available on-site, including in-house blood typing and crossmatching
- Dedicated point-of-care and in-house laboratories including clotting and blood gas analysis
- Advanced diagnostic imaging including ultrasound, radiography, CT, MRI and fluoroscopy
Our ECC team are happy to provide advice at any time by phone or email.