Start your dream job as a referral nurse with us!
At Eastcott Veterinary Referrals, our busy hospital provides the ideal environment for you to develop and grow your career as a Registered Veterinary Nurse.
We are committed to providing the highest quality of care to every patient we treat and our team of veterinary nurses are dedicated to caring for our patients day and night.
Our nursing team ensures that every patient has a comfortable and seamless journey whilst being cared for at Eastcott.
What can we offer you as a referral nurse?
- At Eastcott, you’ll have the chance to experience multiple disciplines and work alongside some of the UK’s top veterinary Specialists.
- You’ll use state-of-the-art equipment and learn from our current team of amazing nurses.
- A comprehensive induction programme ensures you’re fully supported when you start. This support continues throughout your career.
- All nurses start as rotating nurses, but with time, you’ll have the opportunity to specialise in disciplines and areas that are of interest to you.
- At Eastcott, we also have routes for the right candidates to progress and develop their career into team leadership and management roles.
- We’re lucky to have a purpose-built dentistry suite and the largest dentistry team in Europe, meaning there are unique opportunities to develop skills in this crucial discipline.
A dedicated team with experienced discipline-specific nurses
Working alongside our multi-disciplinary team of Specialists, residents and interns, our nursing team can focus on a range of specialisms. This gives you the opportunity to specialise in an area you're most interested in. These areas include anaesthesia, dentistry, diagnostic imaging, wards, neurology and theatre nursing. We also have an intensive care unit staffed by a passionate team of vets and nurses – providing 1 to 1 care to some of the most critically ill and injured patients.
We are a training hospital with student nurses and post-registration programme nurses working alongside our team.
Don’t just take our word for it
“I decided to move to a referral practice because I was ready for a new challenge and wanted to keep learning new skills. Working in a busy hospital, supporting so many disciplines and such a variety of cases, has made me a much better nurse”
“In a referral hospital every day is different.”
“I’m surrounded by amazing colleagues who are all so supportive and passionate. It all just helps to create an environment where we can deliver amazing care to our patients”
Our benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary
- 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays + your birthday off
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Extensive free online CPD programmes and funded external CPD
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced equal family leave
- Recruitment referral reward scheme
- Staff discount
Many of our team have flexible working patterns with options for part-time roles to fit around the needs of family for your work-life balance.
Interested in experiencing life as a referral nurse at our practice?
To support skills development for RVNs, we offer a limited number of day-long shadowing opportunities. You will spend a day working alongside and learning from our fabulous RVNs.
Although a lot will depend on caseloads on the day, we aim to give you exposure to the various roles that make nursing in a referral hospital. A day shadowing our experienced referral nursing team is a rewarding experience and will count towards your annual CPD credits.
To register your interest in one of our CPD Nurse Shadowing days please email firstname.lastname@example.org