Our Video Consultation service allows our teams to assist clients when we’re not able to provide face to face consultations in the surgery. This is particularly important during the current Covid-19 situation.
Using Microsoft Teams, our clinicians can give advice, help monitor and update treatment for pets already under our care. In certain circumstances, we may be able to provide veterinary attention to new cases, where no other more suitable arrangements can be made.
How does it work?
- Please call the practice on 01793 528341. Our receptionist will take some information and decide what is the best way to manage your request.
- A further telephone triage appointment with a nurse may be required.
- We will agree a convenient time slot for your appointment and check your contact details. You will be asked to pay for the consultation at the time of booking; by paying for this you will have agreed to proceed with the consultation.
- Prior to any video or phone consultation we may ask you to send still or video images of your pet by e-mail (the address is provided in your invitation e-mail).
- You will receive an e-mail from the practice within an hour of your call. This will confirm the time of the appointment and the link to follow for the video consultation along with additional helpful information regarding setting things up at your end. A link at the bottom of this e-mail will take you to the consultation at the appointed time.
- If you have not received an e-mail after an hour of calling us please:
a) Check your “spam” e-mail folder
b) Call us back if you still cannot locate it
- The video consultation will then take place as scheduled once you have joined via the link that is sent to you.
Following professional guidance from the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) under certain circumstances a video consultation may be appropriate. These include where an owner must remain isolated at home or where treating a pet in practice is not practical and no reasonable alternative is available.
Video Consultation Service terms and conditions