Here at Eastcott we are lucky to have a specialist-led Internal Medicine team with a depth and breadth of experience. As a department we see a great variety of cases. These include managing critically ill medical cases, that need an emergency referral and reside in ICU, as well as challenging chronic medical cases that have long-term and complex disease. We have state of the art diagnostic equipment and the ability to treat most medical diseases. Our fantastic hospitalisation facilities, including the ICU for our more critical patients, is supported by a top class, caring medical nursing team.
We pride our selves of treating each patient as an individual and are able to use our experience to find the correct diagnostic and treatment path for each dog and cat. By adopting a multidisciplinary approach, the team work closely with their colleagues from across the hospital to ensure a the best possible care for each patient.
Internal medicine conditions that we investigate and treat include:
- All endocrine conditions – including hypoadrenocorticism, hyperadrenocorticism, diabetes mellitus, hyperaldosteronism, diabetes insipidus and pheochromocytoma.
- Swallowing disorders and regurgitation
- Respiratory disorders – investigations of chronic cough, pneumonia, tachypnoea, dyspnoea, pleural effusions, sneezing, nasal discharge, Aspergillosis and epistaxis
- Liver disease – jaundice, increased liver enzymes, suspected portosystemic shunts, biliary disorders and hepatic lipidosis
- Gastrointestinal conditions – chronic diarrhoea, vomiting, regurgitation, weight loss, suspected malabsorption, dyschezia, haematochezia and perianal fistulas
- Renal and urinary disorders – acute or chronic, dysuria, urinary incontinence, urinary obstruction, urolithiasis, haematuria and recurring urinary tract infections
- Pancreatic disease – acute and chronic pancreatitis and pancreatic insufficiency
- Haematologic and immune-mediated disease – including immune-mediated haemolytic anaemia, clotting disorders thrombocytopenia, non-regenerative anaemia, immune-mediated polyarthritis, leukaemias, ulcerative or erosive skin or mucosal disease such as lupus
- Infectious diseases and pyrexias of unknown origin
- Urgent medical cases including critical patients with respiratory, endocrine, cardiac, haemostatic and other diseases
- Oncology – diagnosis, staging and treatment of neoplasia or suspected neoplasia
Our Internal Medicines team are happy to provide advice about cases by phone or email, please do not hesitate to contact them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org .