Soft Tissue Surgery
Here at Eastcott Veterinary Referrals we have a team of specialist referral soft tissue surgeons supported by interns and a highly skilled team of fully qualified surgical nurses. Due to the complex nature of many soft tissue cases, we work closely with other teams including Internal Medicine, Anaesthesia, Imaging and Critical Care. This multidisciplinary approach therefore enables us to offer the best standard of care to our patients.
Soft tissue surgery is a bit of a “catch all” term and includes the equivalent of human “general surgery”, plastic surgery, oncology surgery and cardiothoracics. The Soft Tissue surgery team sees cases as diverse as salivary gland disease, major skin wounds, lung tumours, bowel obstructions and hernias!
With extensive in-house diagnostic facilities including a laboratory, endoscopy, CT, 1.5T MRI and in-theatre fluoroscopy, we have the facilities and expertise to offer an exceptional specialist soft tissue service to our clients.
Our Soft Tissue surgery team are happy to accept referrals for a wide range of cases, including:
- Advanced wound reconstruction – transposition flaps, axial pattern flaps and free skin grafts, caudal superficial epigastric axial pattern flap
- Acute Abdominal Interventions – peritonitis resolution, GDV, splenic torsion, haemoperitoneum, and body wall ruptures
- Gastrointestinal surgery – enterectomy, gastropexy, subtotal colectomy and rectal mass/polyp resections
- Biliary Surgery– cholecystectomy, biliary diversion (cholecystoduodenostomy), biliary stenting
- Hepatic Surgery – liver biopsy and liver lobe removal
- Portosystemic Shunts
- Urogenital Surgery– renal biopsy, nephrotomy, nephrectomy, ureterotomy, cystotomy, partial cystectomy, urethrostomy (eg PU) and surgery for prostatic cysts/abscesses
- Lung Tumours
- Thoracic Surgery – lung lobe/tumour removal/biopsy, PDA ligation, pericardectomy, mediastinal mass removal, exploratory thoracotomy and surgery for Pyothorax
- ENT – TECA, latera wall resection, ventral bulla osteotomy, surgery for nasopharyngeal polpys, soft palate resection (e.g. brachycephalic syndrome), tonsillectomy, arytenoid lateralisation (“tieback”), oropharyngeal penetration (“stick injuries”), salivary mucocele resection/sialadenectomy and thyroidectomy, total ear canal ablation with lateral bulla osteotomy
- Perineal surgery – anal sacculectomy, perineal rupture (hernia) resolution
- Oncological resections – including wide resection of sarcomas and mast cell tumours
- Maxillofacial Surgery – mandibulectomy and maxillectomy
- Endocrine surgery including thyroidectomy, parathyroidectomy and adrenalectomy (eg removal of invasive right sided adrenal carcinoma)
- Tracheal stenting for dogs with tracheal collapse
- Chest wall deformities in kittens (pectus excavatum)
- Pleuraport implantation
- Subcutaneous Ureteric Bypass (SUB) placement
- Surgical Oncology – including Mast Cell Tumours and Sarcomas
Our Soft Tissue team are happy to provide advice by phone or email.