Neurology and Neurosurgery
Our Neurology team are here to investigate and treat pets with neurological disorders.
Following an in-depth consultation and neurological assessment they use a variety of advanced diagnostic procedures to get to the bottom of the problem. Our facilities include advanced imaging using MRI and CT, as well as electromyography to assess the function of the nerves and muscles, and cerebrospinal fluid analysis. The team works closely with other specialists from across the hospital as part of an holistic approach to patient care.
Our Neurology and Neurosurgery service are happy to accept referrals for a wide range of conditions of the brain, spinal cord and neuromuscular system, including:
- Infarcts (strokes)
- Meningoencephalitis of unknown aetiology
- Paroxysmal episodes (e.g. movement disorders)
- Peripheral and central vestibular syndrome
- Abnormalities of the cranial nerves
- Cysts or abscesses
- Intervertebral disc extrusion/protrusion
- Lumbosacral disease
- Cervical spondylomyelopathy (‘wobblers’)
- Vertebral malformations
- Spinal arachnoid diverticulae
- Canine degenerative myelopathy
- Ischemic myelopathy (fibrocartilaginous embolism)
- Chiari-like malformation and syringohydromyelia
- Atlantoaxial subluxation
- Myasthenia gravis
- Masticatory myositis
- Endocrine polyneuropathy
Our Neurology team are happy to provide advice by phone or email please contact us.